Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blog Evaluation


I had never used a blog before taking RTF 305. I feel that using a blog in this class helped me to learn about new media that is taking over the Internet. Blogging is an informal way for someone to express his or her opinions. I feel that it gives a person the opportunity to make their work creative and enjoyable while still focusing on a given topic for this class. The technical aspects of blogging were not complicated for me because I would like to think I am fairly tech savvy and know how to navigate the Internet. Some of the concepts for the blog were difficult at first. Especially when we were asked to give a specific example. But, overall I did not have very many problems with blogging.
I thought that the blog prompts involving commercials or YouTube videos were the most interesting. For example the blog post in which we were asked to provide an example of a commercial that was powerful and interesting to an audience. I felt that the HEB commercial I used was perfect and this blog post was my favorite. I would suggest blog use in future RTF 305 classes but not necessarily other UT courses. I feel that blogging is very casual and would not be appropriate for many classes. Although, I believe that it worked well for this particular class.  I think the only thing I would change about blogging in the future was the amount of it that was done. I feel that it should be done once every two weeks instead of every week because it got slightly monotonous after a while.



 Yes, you can use my blog in a paper or report

No comments:

Post a Comment